www.mimosainn.com - History
www.mimosainn.com - Historical Bed & Breakfast
       












History
 
The historical properties located at 414 & 418 North Montgomery Street, built by Dr. Joseph A Landis in 1839 were constructed to serve as the family residence (418) and medical office (414).  The office building has been utilized for many purposes over the years including a woodshed, stable, hayloft, and several doctors and dentist office.  In 1944 Floyd G. Hoenstine purchased the property and later converted the original Doctors office into a Genealogical Research Library, which he operated with his daughter Barbara.  Owners Dan & Toni Kroko are now using the building known throughout Hollidaysburg as the 'Hoenstine Library' as their current residence.  The Mimosa Courtyard Inn at 418 Montgomery Street was constructed as a 'Two over Two' Federal Style home with many additions over the years, the most significant being completed 1886.  Included with the addition, the formal entrance hall, beautifully enhanced by two stained glass windows, oak flooring, fireplace & built in window seating, shows the Victorian Era influence.  Additional 3rd floor 4 room apartment, 3 bedrooms with bathrooms, kitchen & formal dining room, constructed over the turn of the century, complete the 177 year old, 16 room historic homestead.

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint